In April of 2011, a series of massive wildfires burned out of control in Palo Pinto and Young Counties. During these devastating fires, over 1,500,000 acres were destroyed and more than 300 homes were burned to the ground.
The Buckets and Boots Foundation’s mission is to raise funds to repair and upgrade firefighting equipment for the volunteer fire departments of Palo Pinto County, TX. Allocating the funds raised through grants assists with providing these men and women with the proper equipment so they can continue to save individual’s lives and their homes.
What We've Achieved
- Produced five benefit concerts
- Given out $638,000 in grants
- Supported twelve volunteer fire departments
- Gave $10,000 to West Volunteer Fire Department to assist with relief efforts after the fertilizer plant explosion in 2013
- The Emergency Fund account currently has around $100,000 that can be spent if a situation quickly arises